An easy-to-deploy, industrial-grade 4G cellular station, Sensor Hub uses the MODBUS-RTU RS485 protocol to communicate with sensors and is able to collect various sensor data simultaneously. IP66-rated, waterproof and dustproof, Sensor Hub 4G Data Logger is suitable for long-term, reliable outdoor applications such as in smart agriculture, smart weather stations, and smart cities, and can connect to a maximum of 32 RS-485 sensors. It is designed with industry standards, robust and stable.
The Sensor Hub is available in two versions
(1) DC-only version (This version can work with a solar system. Please kindly note it should be connected with the whole solar system, not just a solar panel)
(2) With a built-in rechargeable battery version. This version can be used with either DC power, or with a solar panel - (Solar Panel to be purchased separately).
The Sensor Hub Data Logger is an easy-to-deploy 4G cellular station. It uses the MODBUS-RTU RS485 protocol to communicate with sensors and is able to collect various sensor data simultaneously.
Sensor Hub consists of 4 RS485 data channels. With extension hubs / RS485 splitters, it can connect with a maximum of 32 sensors at one time. The data is collected and sent to the cloud (either to the SenseCAP server or the client's private server) via 4G/3G/2G (as shown below).
SenseCAP Sensor Hub System Architecture
(SenseCAP Sensor Hub system architecture)
Designed with industry standards and IP66 rated, Sensor Hub is suitable for outdoor and harsh environments, resistant to UV, rain, dust, etc. GNSS is embedded for location tracking.
Sensor Hub is also equipped with 10MB onboard memory, to store more than 700,000 measurements locally in case of a bad connection.
For the DC-only version, if there is a power outage, the Sensor Hub won't be able to store the data. Please consider choosing the version with the built-in battery if there are concerns about a power outage in your application.
With the built-in battery, the device can continue working with power from the battery. If you choose the DC-only version, you can also consider using it with a solar system (to be purchased separately.)
Designed with an easy-to-deploy mindset, Sensor Hub can be deployed and set up within a few minutes. It is fit for both pole and wall mounts.
We also provide software and cloud services for quick configuration, making it easy to deploy Sensor Hub and manage devices and data:
- Supports the collection of various environmental data simultaneously
- Supports local storage of data when there is a bad connection, and uploading to the server when the network resumes
- Supports using standard MODBUS-RTU RS485 sensors
- Supports uploading data to any server (SenseCAP Server / User's private server)
- Supports 4G/3G/2G communication, supporting global LTE frequency band
- Built-in GPS positioning function
- Supports remote upgrade and maintenance
- Power supply options: (1) DC only, (2) Solar System (to be purchased separately)
- Easy to install and deploy, without requirements of engineering background
- Industry standards, suitable for harsh outdoor environments
SenseCAP Sensor Hub is a powerful 4G data logger that can connect to a maximum of 32 RS-485 sensors. It is designed with industry standards, robust and stable. IP66-rated, waterproof and dustproof, it is highly suitable for long-term remote environmental monitoring in outdoor application scenarios.
- Smart Agriculture
- Smart City
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Industry
- Environmental Monitoring
- Other wireless Sensing Applications
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in indoor or outdoor environments.
|APN||Configuring APN is supported|
|Communication Protocol for Sensor||Modbus-RTU RS485|
|Data Upload||SenseCAP Portal (default), User's Server (MQTT Server)|
|Environmental Rating||IP Rating: IP66 UV Resistance: Anti-aging (from rain/sun exposure): UL746C F1|
|Grounding||Reserved 1 screw hole for GND|
|LED Indications||Switching power supply Red LED indicates equipment status|
|Power Supply||5V/12V (depending on sensor types)|
|Maximum Sensor Load||12V/1A，5V/2A|
|Number of Sensor Connections||4 interfaces on the device, can connect up to 32 sensors with extension hubs|