SenseCAP Indicator is a 4-inch touch screen driven by ESP32 and RP2040 dual-MCU and supports Wi-Fi/BLE/LoRa communication. The board comes with Type-C and Grove interfaces, supports ADC and IIC transmission protocols, and can easily connect to other peripherals with rich GPIOs.
SenseCAP Indicator is a fully open-source powerful IoT development platform for developers. One-stop ODM Fusion service is also available for customization and quick scale-up.
SenseCAP Indicator native firmware enables you to use it as a desktop air quality detector or you could customize one of your own styles. There are built-in tVOCs and CO2 sensors, and a Grove TH sensor is provided to connect externally to reduce heat interference to get more accurate temperature and humidity results.
The embedded SX1262 LoRa module enables you to build the LoRa application and connect your local LoRa sensors to the Cloud via Wi-Fi. For example, you could build a LoRa hub device to connect your LoRa sensors to your smart home ecosystem to implement Matter over Wi-Fi. In this way, the LoRa devices could be connected to the Matter ecosystem via Wi-Fi, without the need to buy a new Matter-compatible device.
- Dual MCUs and Rich GPIOs: Equipped with powerful ESP32S3 and RP2040 dual MCUs and over 400 Grove-compatible GPIOs for flexible expansion options.
- Real-time Air Quality Monitoring: Built-in tVOC and CO2 sensors, and an external Grove AHT20 temperature and humidity sensor for more precise
- Local LoRa Hub for IoT Connectivity: Integrated Semtech SX1262 LoRa chip (optional) for connecting LoRa devices to popular IoT platforms such as Matter via Wi-Fi, without the need for additional compatible devices.
- Fully Open Source Platform: Leverage the extensive ESP32 and Raspberry Pi open-source ecosystem for infinite application possibilities.
- Fusion ODM Service Available: Seeed Studio also provides one-stop ODM service for quick customization and scale-up to meet various needs.
The software of SenseCAP Indicator is completely open-source. Developers could create various IoT applications such as:
- Air Quality Monitor
- Weather Station Display
- Sensor Data Dashboard
- Smart Home Assistant
- Mini Sensor Hub
- Stock Price Indicator
- Digital Album
- Standard Operation Procedure Reminder
It can also be used to develop various exciting applications integrating with third-party platforms, such as: AWS / ChatGPT / Matter / NodeRED / IoTex.
The SenseCAP Indicator series offers four different versions: D1, D1S, D1L, and D1Pro.
Each version is designed to meet different application needs without any extra cost from unnecessary hardware. Here are the differences between the versions: