Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21 carries the powerful CPU-ARM® Cortex®-M0+(SAMD21G18) running at up to 48Hz. In addition to the powerful CPU, it has 256KB Flash and 32KB SRAM on board and supports the USB Type-C interface which can supply power and download code.
Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21 has 14 PINs, which can be used for 11 digital interfaces, 11 mock interfaces, 10 PWM interfaces (d1-d10), 1 DAC output pin D0, 1 SWD pad interface, 1 I2C interface, 1 SPI interface, 1 UART interface, Serial communication indicator (T/R), Blink light (L) through pin multiplexing. The colors of LEDs(Power, L, RX, TX) are green, yellow, blue, and blue. Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21 has a Type-C interface that can supply power and download code. There are two reset buttons, you can short-connect them to reset the board.
Except for the power LED, we add a user LED on board for a better coding experience. Usually, a dev board as small as this size will use the chip’s inner crystal oscillator for time fixing, in order to make the clock more accurate, Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21 layouts an extra 32.768KHz to make the clock more stable.
- High Performance: Powered by SAMD21G18 chip, operating up to 48MHz, equipped with 32KB of SRAM, and 256KB of onboard flash memory
- Ultra-small Design: 21 x 17.5mm, Seeed Studio XIAO series classic form factor, suitable for wearable devices
- Multiple Development Interfaces: 11x analog / 11x digital Pins, 1x I2C interface, 1x UART port, and 1 SPI port
- Multiple Development Platform: Support Arduino / Micropython / CircuitPython development, friendly for beginners, satisfied for electronics enthusiasts
- Perfect for Production: Breadboard-friendly & SMD design, no components on the back
- Wearable devices
- Rapid prototyping (directly attached to the expanded PCB as a minimal system)
- Perfect for all the projects that need a mini Arduino
- DIY keyboard
- USB development (USB to multi-channel TTL/USB host mode, etc.)
- In a scenario where you need to read multiple mock values The DAC output
|CPU||ARM Cortex-M0+ CPU(SAMD21G18) running at up to 48MHz|
|Storage||256KB Flash,32KB SRAM|
|I/O PINs||14 GPIO PINs,11 analog PINs, 11 digital PINs, 1 DAC output Pin|
|Interface||1 I2C interface,1 UART interface, 1 SPI interface, USB Type-C interface|
|LEDs||1 user LED, 1 power LED, and two LEDs for serial port downloading|
|Reset button||two reset buttons short-connect to reset|
|Software compatibility||Arduino IDE|
Figure: Microcontroller Schematics