ReSpeaker 2-Mics Pi HAT is a dual-microphone expansion board for Raspberry Pi designed for AI and voice applications. This means that you can build a more powerful and flexible voice product that integrates Amazon Alexa Voice Service, Google Assistant, and so on.
ReSpeaker is an open modular voice interface to hack things around you. Let you interact with your home appliances, your plant, your office, your internet-equipped devices, or any other things in your daily life, all by your voice. The ReSpeaker project provides hardware components and software libraries to build voice-enabled device.
How does reSpeaker work?
There are analogue microphones mounted on each corner of the square reSpeaker, to receive audio data around then transmit them to the codec. The codec integrates synchronized ADCs with mic boost amplifier, to deliver valid channel data to the Raspberry Pi/ Pi Zero, where it transits them over I2S ports by standard I2S or PCM format, along with a single port by TDM format.
The NLU algorithms will be applied to the Raspberry Pi once the audio data has arrived. The main functions include Voice Activity Detection(VAD), Direction of Arrival(DOA), and Key Word Spotting(WKS), suitable for various Voice Interaction applications such as voice-based remote control cars, voice user interface, keywords wake up and so on.
Since the audio data transmitted may contain the noise as well, the reSpeaker comes with the functions of Auto Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beamforming, Webrtc Noise Suppression (NS), and Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to reduce noise and perform better audio data to the Raspberry Pi.
- This product is fully compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 (1GB, 2GB, 4GB) we hope you enjoy hacking with Pi4 and all other Pi 4 accessories
- The board is developed based on WM8960
- A low power stereo codec
- There are 2 microphones on both sides of the board for collecting sounds and it also provides
- 3 APA102 RGB LED's
- 1 User Button and 2 on-board Grove interfaces for expanding your applications
- What is more, 3.5mm Audio Jack or JST 2.0 Speaker Out are both available for audio output
- Voice Interaction Learning
- Secondary software Development
- Voice-based remote control cars
- Raspberry Pi compatible(Support Raspberry Pi Zero, Raspberry Pi 1B+, Raspberry Pi 2B, Raspberry Pi 3B, Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Raspberry Pi 4 )
- 2 Grove Interfaces: support GPIO and I2C
- Programmable Button and LED: one button and three LEDs
- Stereo Codec with Class D Speaker Driver
- Two types audio output socket : 3.5mm Audio Jack(40mW output ), JST2.0 Speaker Out(providing 1W into 8Ω loads)
- Far-field support (up to 3 meters)
- This product does not include the Pi Zero board
- Dimensions 65mm x30mm x15mm