Quantum Tiny Linux Development Kit with SoM and Expansion Board, is possibly the smallest Linux development board on the market. A highly integrated kit with a quad-core CPU that can run Linux at only 40mm x 35mm, which also includes network connectivity. It is suitable for scenarios such as a personal server, intelligent voice assistant, and for robotic development. Now Quantum has updated to a new version, which adjusts the antenna type for better wireless performance compared to the old one. In addition to this, it also optimizes the PCB layout by moving the fan solder joints to the top. The Uboot and Recovery buttons have also been removed.
Quantum Tiny Linux Development Kit consists of a core board which is the SoM (System on Module) and an expansion board as the carrier board.
The SoM is called Quark-N, based on Allwinner H3, Quad-core Cortex-A7, and ARM Mali400 MP2 GPU. The 6-layer high-density gold PCB design integrates a complete ARM-Linux system (CPU, DDR, eMMC) in a 2x3cm space. Also, most of the GPIO is led out by the board through the M.2 Key-A golden finger interface to minimize the bottom board design difficulty. You can easily design your own base plate with two-layer boards to realize your interesting ideas.
- Ultra-small (31mmx22mm) and highly integrated Quad-core Cortex-A7 Linux SoM (System on Module)
- Expansion board (40mmx35mm) with rich peripherals and interfaces: Microphone, Gyroscope, Accelerometer,4 x Buttons (GPIO-KEY, Uboot, Recovery, Reset), and a TFT display
- Integrates a complete ARM-Linux system for advanced development
- Ability to design your own baseboard due to the M.2 interface
- Wide range of applications such as a personal server, intelligent voice assistant, and robotic development.
- Personal website server
- Programming learning such as Python
- Image processing
- Voice assistant
- Smart home hub
|CPU||Allwinner H3, Quad-core Cortex-A7 @ 1GHz|
|GPU||ARM Mali400 MP2 GPU|
|Memory||512MB LPDDR3 RAM|
|Interfaces||Ethernet, SPI, I2C, UART, Reusable GPIO, MIC, LINEOUT|
|GPIO||2.0mm pitch 26 pin-header, including USB OTG, USB-Serial, I2C, UART, SPI, I2S, GPIO|
|PCB||6-layer high-density immersion gold design|
|Atom-N Expansion Board|
|Slot||M.2 interface for Quark-N|
|USB||USB 2.0×2 USB Type-C×1|
Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n @2.4GHz
Bluetooth: BT V2.1/ BT V3.0/ BT V4.0
|Onboard Peripherals||1 x Microphone
1 x MPU6050 motion sensor (gyroscope + accelerometer)
4 x Buttons (GPIO-KEY, Uboot, Recovery, Reset)
1 x TFT display
|External Storage||Micro-SD card slot|
Figure: Device Schematics