The Grove turbidity sensor can measure the turbidity of the water (the number of suspended particles).
The optical sensor of this module(TSW-10) can measure the density of turbid water and the concentration of extraneous matter using the refraction of wavelength between the photo transistor and diode. By using an optical transistor and optical diodes, an optical sensor measures the amount of light coming from the source of the light to the light receiver, in order to calculate the turbidity of water. The output mode can be selected by adjusting the switch on the board. Supports analog and digital output. The sensitivity can be adjusted by the onboard knob.
- Adjustable sensitivity: Making this sensor is more suitable for applications in different scenarios.
- Dual output modes: Output mode optional, supports analog output and digital output.
- Grove unified socket: The sensor ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications.
- Measure the water pollution degree of washing machines such as dishwashers to determine the optimal washing time and rinsing times.
- Industrial site control.
- Environmental wastewater treatment.
Figure: Device Schematics