Grove Touch Sensor enables you to replace press with touch. It can detect the change in capacitance when a finger is nearby.
Grove Touch Sensor is based on TTP223-B touch detector IC. The TTP223 is a touchpad detector IC that offers 1 touch key. The touching detection IC is designed for replacing traditional direct button keys with diverse pad sizes. Low power consumption and wide operating voltage are the contact key features for DC or AC application.
Grove Touch Sensor measures the capacitance of a metallic pad and detects the change in capacitance when a finger is nearby. This is the same technology used in the iPhone touchscreen. You can place the metallic pad under a non-metallic surface such as a plastic or glass sheet and it will still work as a button, which is useful for projects that have to be waterproof.
- Fast and Low power mode selection: The TTP223 has Fast mode and Low Power mode to be selected. When the LPMB pin is opened or connected to VDD, the TTP223 runs in Fast mode. When the LPMB pin is connected to VSS, the TTP223 runs in Low Power mode.
- Rapid response: Response time max about 60ms at fast mode, 220ms at low power mode
- Highly customizable: Sensitivity can adjust by the capacitance(0~50pF) outside
- Grove unified socket: The sensor ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications.
- Inconspicuous button
- Waterproofed electric product
- Button key replacement
- Remote Switch
- IoT device
- Industrial control