The Grove BMP280 Barometer Sensor is built around Bosch BMP280, it is a low-cost and high-precision environmental sensor that measures the temperature and barometer. This sensor supports both I2C and SPI communication and we provide the BMP280 Arduino library.
Grove BMP280 provides precise measurements of barometric pressure and temperature in the environment. The air pressure can be measured in a range from 300 hPa to 1100hPa with ±1.0 hPa absolute accuracy. As for the temperature, the sensor works perfectly for temperatures between - 40℃ and 85℃ with an accuracy of ±1℃.
Owing to its high accuracy in measuring the pressure, and the pressure changes with altitude, we can calculate the altitude with ±1 meter accuracy, which makes it a precise altimeter as well. Another great thing about this module is that you don’t even need to worry about the I2C collisions as it provides both I2C and SPI interfaces. To use SPI, simply de-solder the bonding pads on the back. If you go with I2C, the board also provides 2 I2C addresses for you to select as you want.
- High accuracy: the absolute accuracy of ±1.0 hPa for pressure measurement and ±1 accuracy for temperature measurement
- Wide measurement range: Air pressure was measured from 300hpa to 1100hPa
- As altimeter: It can be used as an altimeter with an accuracy of ±1 meter
- Dual communication interface: Supports both I2C and SPI communication
- Grove compatible interface: The product ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications of Grove
- Weather Station and Weather Sensing
- Measure Temperature, Pressure, and Altitude