The Digital Infrared temperature sensor is a non-contact temperature measurement module which bases on MLX90615. Both the IR-sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning chip are integrated into the same package. This module communicates with Arduino using SMBus, up to 127 sensors can be read via common 2 wires. Thanks to the module's low noise amplifier, 16-bit ADC, and powerful DSP unit, it can achieve high accuracy of 1℃ over a wide temperature range and a high measurement resolution of 0.02℃.
The ambient temperature is the MLX90615 package temperature and the object temperature is the object target temperature. According to our experiment, when you place the sensor at normal indoor temperature and ensure that there is nothing source of heat in front of the sensor's 1M scope. The Object temperature will be approximately equal to the Ambient temperature. When measuring the Object temperature, you should ensure the object is as close as possible whit the sensor, but do not touch the surface of the sensor, we recommend the distance is less than 3cm. Wish you have a fun try.
- Wide Temperature Detecting Range: 40 to 85°C for sensor temperature and 40 to 115°C for object temperature
- Accurate Temperature Measurement: High accuracy of 1°C over a wide temperature
- SMBus compatible digital interface: This module communicates with Arduino using SMBus
- Grove compatible interface: The product ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications of Grove
- High-precision non-contact temperature measurements
- Hand-held thermometers
- Ear thermometers
- Home appliances with temperature control
- Livestock monitoring
- Multiple zone temperature control – up to 127
- sensors can be read via common 2 wires