The TSL2561 is controlled and monitored by sixteen registers (three are reserved) and a command register accessed through the serial interface. These registers provide for a variety of control functions and can be read to determine the results of the ADC conversions. Different from the traditional analog light sensor, such as Grove - Light Sensor, this digital module features a selectable light spectrum range due to its dual light-sensitive diodes: infrared and full spectrum.
You can switch between three detection modes to take your readings. They are infrared mode, full-spectrum, and human visible mode. When running under the human visible mode, this sensor will give you readings just close to your eye feelings. With its high-resolution and wide operating temperature range, you can use it to measure the change in light intensity in various light situations with many popular microcontrollers.
- Flexible detection modes: Infrared mode, full-spectrum mode, and human visible mode selectable
- High-resolution: 16-Bit digital output at 400 kHz I2C Fast-Mode
- Support measurement in various lighting situations: Support a wide dynamic range of 0.1 - 40,000 LUX and a wide operating temperature range of -40℃ to 85℃
- Programmable interrupt function: User-Defined Upper and lower threshold settings
- Grove unified socket: The product ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications of Grove
- Ambient light sensing
- Backlighting control for the display panel
- Keyboard illumination control