This 2m long One Wire Temperature Sensor has a waterproof probe and long wire shape, suitable for immersive temperature detection. The chip inside this sensor is DS18B20 which is widely adopted.
The original one includes three wires inside, you need to add an extra resistance to get it working. For this sensor, we adjusted it into a Grove port and had a resistance pre-assembled inside so that you can use it as a regular Grove sensor.
What is DS18B20?
The DS18B20 Digital Thermometer provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings which indicate the temperature of the device.
Information is sent to/from the DS18B20 over a 1-Wire interface so that only one wire (and ground) needs to be connected from a central microprocessor to a DS18B20. Power for reading, writing, and performing temperature conversions can be derived from the data line itself with no need for an external power source.
- Outstanding measurement accuracy: Measure temperature with ±0.5% accuracy, absolute temperature. ( -10°C to +85°C)
- Robust measurement range: The sensor can operate even from -55°C to +125°C degrees.
- Alarm search command: It identifies and addresses devices whose temperature is outside of programmed limits. (temperature alarm condition)
- Excellent waterproof function: Suitable for immersive temperature detection.
- Grove unified socket: The sensor ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications.
- HVAC environmental controls
- Sensing temperatures inside buildings
- Process monitoring and control